The Porsche 924 Owners Club

Dedicated to the Porsche 924
Forty Years of the Porsche 924 Turbo
It is currently Tue Oct 22, 2019 12:03 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: 10 reasons for not buying an early Boxster....
PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2019 10:57 am 
Offline
Club Member
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:24 pm
Posts: 16870
Location: Gloucester
I am, ss not sure about some of the others!

I don't have any fixed ideas, other than I prefer something that might need a little bit of work over winter, preferably tax and mot free, and something the wife can get into, and doesn't rust llke a bean can and isn't too much of snail on the road. Simple really!

Now you know why I am getting frustrated and looking at boxters and so on!!!!!

_________________
To travel hopefully is a better thing than to arrive - RLS

1984 924 N/A RUBY RED METALLIC - 924 of the Show, National 2018
1988 924S Guards Red - sold
1986 924S Guards Red - sold
1984 924 N/A Black - sold
1980 924 LE MANS#1 - sold
1980 924 LE MANS#2 - sold
1977 924 Martini - sold


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: 10 reasons for not buying an early Boxster....
PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2019 12:13 pm 
Offline
Club Member
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 18, 2015 7:53 pm
Posts: 1645
Location: Bournville - Land of Chocolate
Model: 924S
scm924s wrote:
I am, ss not sure about some of the others!

I don't have any fixed ideas, other than I prefer something that might need a little bit of work over winter, preferably tax and mot free, and something the wife can get into, and doesn't rust llke a bean can and isn't too much of snail on the road. Simple really!

Now you know why I am getting frustrated and looking at boxters and so on!!!!!

Scimitar?

_________________
Nige
1985 924S Historic Road Rally / Targa Rally Car


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: 10 reasons for not buying an early Boxster....
PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2019 12:18 pm 
Offline
Club Member
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 30, 2010 11:13 pm
Posts: 15431
Location: Somerset
Model: TheOnly Way Is Turbo
Nige wrote:
scm924s wrote:
I am, ss not sure about some of the others!

I don't have any fixed ideas, other than I prefer something that might need a little bit of work over winter, preferably tax and mot free, and something the wife can get into, and doesn't rust llke a bean can and isn't too much of snail on the road. Simple really!

Now you know why I am getting frustrated and looking at boxters and so on!!!!!

Scimitar?


Isn't that a poor mans Jensen Intercepter? :grin:

_________________
Steve
1980 924 Turbo Series 1 - Alpine White & Guards Red
Omega forged pistons, lightened and balanced bottom end, ARP studs + Cometic MLS HG, Piper fast road cam, K27/26 3257 hybrid turbo, 951 ducted FMIC, Custom intake manifold, Mittelmotor dizzy & cam pulley, Adj boost - dyno’d at 225bhp @ 1.0bar on previous CGT turbo, Engine datalogged and on boost fuel enrichment managed with Zeitronix ZT2 & Phormula KS4 knock sensor, 944 turbo all alloy radiator, Hayward & Scott custom tapered race exhaust, GAZ Gold coilovers, Fuch'ed up, Quaife LSD
2017 VW Passat Variant GTE Advance - the daily load lugger and mile muncher
2015 Nissan Leaf Tekna - it builds trees when we drive it


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: 10 reasons for not buying an early Boxster....
PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2019 12:24 pm 
Offline
Club Member
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 18, 2015 7:53 pm
Posts: 1645
Location: Bournville - Land of Chocolate
Model: 924S
Carrera RSR wrote:
Nige wrote:
scm924s wrote:
I am, ss not sure about some of the others!

I don't have any fixed ideas, other than I prefer something that might need a little bit of work over winter, preferably tax and mot free, and something the wife can get into, and doesn't rust llke a bean can and isn't too much of snail on the road. Simple really!

Now you know why I am getting frustrated and looking at boxters and so on!!!!!

Scimitar?


Isn't that a poor mans Jensen Intercepter? :grin:

:lol: ha ha

_________________
Nige
1985 924S Historic Road Rally / Targa Rally Car


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: 10 reasons for not buying an early Boxster....
PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2019 12:56 pm 
Offline
Club Member
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:29 pm
Posts: 6153
Location: Athens , Greece
Model: 1988 924S
I always thought the Boxster is a fantastic Sports car and I have always enjoyed driving them . With a hardtop they look amazing if you ask me , especially when in black they look like a batmobile. :worship:

The Boxster is much better looking that the Cayman , especially when a hardtop is installed if you ask me.


Attachments:
SKU986HARDTOP.jpg
SKU986HARDTOP.jpg [ 128.48 KiB | Viewed 203 times ]
2.jpg
2.jpg [ 116.41 KiB | Viewed 203 times ]
Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: 10 reasons for not buying an early Boxster....
PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2019 4:49 pm 
Offline
Club Member
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 18, 2015 7:53 pm
Posts: 1645
Location: Bournville - Land of Chocolate
Model: 924S
George924S wrote:
The Boxster is much better looking that the Cayman , especially when a hardtop is installed if you ask me.

Interesting. I also much prefer the Boxster with a hardtop (open top cars aren't really my thing) but for me the Cayman is the best looking mainstream production car Porsche have produced for several decades

_________________
Nige
1985 924S Historic Road Rally / Targa Rally Car


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: 10 reasons for not buying an early Boxster....
PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2019 10:32 pm 
Online
Club Member
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 20, 2008 6:51 pm
Posts: 3937
Location: Europe > Romania
Model: none
I think the 911 is the best looking and the Cayman is pretty good as well but a less refined design.
That particular black boxster above looks great because it has a hardtop that resembles the Cayman line.
The silver one is just hideous to me :lol:

I very much like the boxster with the open top and the cayman as the closed top but my favorite is the 911...cabrio or coupe the 911 is a beauty in my eyes. 930,993, even the 996...but starting with the 997 they have made the 911 exceptionally beautiful.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: 10 reasons for not buying an early Boxster....
PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2019 10:31 am 
Offline
Committee - Treasurer
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 01, 2007 1:25 pm
Posts: 6588
Location: Worcs, UK
Model: 2 x S1 Turbo
morghen wrote:
That particular black boxster above looks great because it has a hardtop that resembles the Cayman line.
I think that black Boxster above actually IS a Cayman :lol:

_________________
924 Turbo red/white magazine star - 924 Turbo brown wreck - 911 C2 Cab for the British Summer - Golf GTE PIH for the daily grind and social conscience
Don't bodge it - FIX IT!!
Just because it's on eBay doesn't mean it's a bargain...


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: 10 reasons for not buying an early Boxster....
PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2019 1:03 pm 
Offline
Club Member
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:58 pm
Posts: 3120
Location: wimborne, dorset
Model: 1978 924 na
Got my boxster in my local OPC for service today, they gave me this as a loan car :grin:


Attachments:
IMG_20191010_125948107.jpg
IMG_20191010_125948107.jpg [ 5.08 MiB | Viewed 123 times ]

_________________
Image

Best 924 turbo 2012
Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: 10 reasons for not buying an early Boxster....
PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2019 2:40 pm 
Offline
Club Member
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 18, 2015 7:53 pm
Posts: 1645
Location: Bournville - Land of Chocolate
Model: 924S
finbarr wrote:
morghen wrote:
That particular black boxster above looks great because it has a hardtop that resembles the Cayman line.
I think that black Boxster above actually IS a Cayman :lol:

Nah, they didn't do a 986 based Cayman. That's one of the conversion kits
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gMe-AuIecv4

_________________
Nige
1985 924S Historic Road Rally / Targa Rally Car


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], Majestic-12 [Bot] and 29 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
© 2009-2019 The Porsche 924 Owners Club - Powered by phpBB