The Porsche 924 Owners Club

Dedicated to the Porsche 924
Forty Years of the Porsche 924 Turbo
It is currently Thu Feb 20, 2020 8:50 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: A spotlight on the hysteria...keep driving those classics!
PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2020 10:02 am 
Committee - Marketing Co-ordinator

Model: 924 NA
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/arti ... 5Dv0-L8OEQ

Phil

1985 924 NA, Guards Red - Voted 'Best 924 2.0 NA' 2013 & 2015
2006 Audi Avant 2.0 TFSI Quattro
2003 2 litre Beetle auto, Cyber Green (Wife's)

Post subject: Re: A spotlight on the hysteria...keep driving those classic
PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2020 1:05 pm 
Club Member

Model: 924 na
As usual, Governments and people forced to do the ridiculous to appease the whims of the corrupt media.

1982 Garnet Red n/a manual - Project XLE (506 licensed, 1421 sorn'd)
1983 White n/a manual - Mr White Returns

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2020 1:56 pm 
Regional Officer - The South East

Model: 924 white 85
Lol, you know they're getting desperate when the Daily Mail quotes The Guardian!

Anyway, at least it's not all doom and gloom, it's good to see that...
'Kylie Jenner flaunts her enviable curves in clinging black leather midi dress while out and about in Calabasas'
'Kendall Jenner opts for retro glamour in sizzling high-waisted bikini during stunning shoot... after splashing around with Ben Simmons in Miami'
'Alexandra Cane shows off her incredible two stone weight loss in skimpy red lingerie before slipping into a lace sheer top for dinner date in Los Angeles'
'Alessandra Ambrosio puts on a leggy display in workout gear as she sips on a drink during a walkabout in LA'
'Paris and Nicky Hilton sizzle in twin red sequined dresses at The American Heart Association's Go Red for Women Red Dress Collection event'
'Alexa Chung shows off her edgy sense of style in patterned tights and a tiny leather mini skirt as she continues to promote her new Netflix show Next In Fashion in New York'
'Paul Hollywood's ex Summer Monteys-Fullam shows off her curves in racy black lace lingerie as she teases 'you can still wear sexy underwear when you're single'

Yep, I totally 100% subscribe to the Daily Mail world view.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2020 2:02 pm 
Club Member

Model: Supercharged 924
Very good article. Sadly it's drowned out by the masses repeating what they heard on the news! I do disagree with hi last paragraph though - I don’t think fossil fuel cars will be cleaner by 2033 because there is no reason for the car giants to plough millions into new R&D when they will be banned from sale. All their efforts are going into electric since that’s where they can take significant market share. I read a rumour article recently where it was proposed it was actually the car giants who proposed the fossil fuel car ban to stimulate the purchase of hybrids and electric where there are significant profit margins and where evolving technology will prompt rapid turn over of products - like the smart phones have done. One thing is for sure though, the gov certainly won’t object to the VAT on those car sales!!

We have electric heating in our house (air source heat pump). It claims to be 400% efficient but it only works well when it’s warm outside and you don’t need the heating on! :dope:

924T engine with Eaton M90 Supercharger (DB7), 565cc injectors, coil pack ignition, Adaptronic ECU, Custom Air/water charge cooler, Wideband O2 + 4x EGT. 4pot Brembos, Spax adjustable dampers. 951 G'box with LSD & cooler, 944T style bumper. HID Lo-Pro headlights. 968 mirrors, handles + spoiler. Zender rear valance. Custom side skirts, Forged 17" wheels (8J front, 9J rear). Custom hubs (5x114.3 PCD), Twin circuit coolant re-route (2 pumps, 2 'stats, 2 radiators), 6 gauge centre console.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2020 2:13 pm 
Club Member

Model: TheOnly Way Is Turbo
Fossil fuels are running out regardless of any view

Steve - Joined: Sat Jan 30, 2010 10:13 pm......think I have lost far too much time in this forum.........
1980 924 Turbo Series 1 - Alpine White & Guards Red
Omega forged pistons, lightened and balanced bottom end, ARP studs + Cometic MLS HG, Piper fast road cam, K27/26 3257 hybrid turbo, 951 ducted FMIC, Custom intake manifold, Mittelmotor dizzy & cam pulley, Adj boost - dyno’d at 225bhp @ 1.0bar on previous CGT turbo, Zeitronix ZT2 & Phormula KS4 knock sensor, 944 turbo all alloy radiator, Hayward & Scott custom tapered race exhaust, GAZ Gold coilovers, Fuch'ed up, Quaife LSD
2017 VW Passat Variant GTE Advance
2015 Nissan Leaf Tekna

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2020 2:14 pm 
Club Member

DrJohn wrote:
Very good article. Sadly it's drowned out by the masses repeating what they heard on the news! I do disagree with hi last paragraph though - I don’t think fossil fuel cars will be cleaner by 2033 because there is no reason for the car giants to plough millions into new R&D when they will be banned from sale. All their efforts are going into electric since that’s where they can take significant market share. I read a rumour article recently where it was proposed it was actually the car giants who proposed the fossil fuel car ban to stimulate the purchase of hybrids and electric where there are significant profit margins and where evolving technology will prompt rapid turn over of products - like the smart phones have done.

Written by an anti electric/renewables source no doubt

Steve - Joined: Sat Jan 30, 2010 10:13 pm......think I have lost far too much time in this forum.........
Omega forged pistons, lightened and balanced bottom end, ARP studs + Cometic MLS HG, Piper fast road cam, K27/26 3257 hybrid turbo, 951 ducted FMIC, Custom intake manifold, Mittelmotor dizzy & cam pulley, Adj boost - dyno’d at 225bhp @ 1.0bar on previous CGT turbo, Zeitronix ZT2 & Phormula KS4 knock sensor, 944 turbo all alloy radiator, Hayward & Scott custom tapered race exhaust, GAZ Gold coilovers, Fuch'ed up, Quaife LSD
2015 Nissan Leaf Tekna

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2020 2:30 pm 
Club Member

Carrera RSR wrote:

True, but don’t lie (not you but the electric supporters) and say that hybrid/electric cars are good for the global environment.

924T engine with Eaton M90 Supercharger (DB7), 565cc injectors, coil pack ignition, Adaptronic ECU, Custom Air/water charge cooler, Wideband O2 + 4x EGT. 4pot Brembos, Spax adjustable dampers. 951 G'box with LSD & cooler, 944T style bumper. HID Lo-Pro headlights. 968 mirrors, handles + spoiler. Zender rear valance. Custom side skirts, Forged 17" wheels (8J front, 9J rear). Custom hubs (5x114.3 PCD), Twin circuit coolant re-route (2 pumps, 2 'stats, 2 radiators), 6 gauge centre console.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2020 2:31 pm 
Club Member

Carrera RSR wrote:
DrJohn wrote:
Very good article. Sadly it's drowned out by the masses repeating what they heard on the news! I do disagree with hi last paragraph though - I don’t think fossil fuel cars will be cleaner by 2033 because there is no reason for the car giants to plough millions into new R&D when they will be banned from sale. All their efforts are going into electric since that’s where they can take significant market share. I read a rumour article recently where it was proposed it was actually the car giants who proposed the fossil fuel car ban to stimulate the purchase of hybrids and electric where there are significant profit margins and where evolving technology will prompt rapid turn over of products - like the smart phones have done.

Written by an anti electric/renewables source no doubt

Everyone has an agenda!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2020 2:32 pm 
Committee - Treasurer

Model: 2 x S1 Turbo
richardb wrote:
Anyway, at least it's not all doom and gloom, it's good to see that...

I'm baffled by "Grab A Tissue Before You See Erika Eleniak At 50", what are they trying to say? :eek:

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2020 2:49 pm 
Club Member

DrJohn wrote:
Carrera RSR wrote:

True, but don’t lie (not you but the electric supporters) and say that hybrid/electric cars are good for the global environment.

I wrote a post earlier then deleted.

Both fossil and batteries have a footprint. But no-one is stating which is dirtier. Extraction, refining/manufacturing, transportation of both leaves a footprint. But which is favourable?

Vehicles/transport regardless of motion lotion leaves a footprint. Many methods of transportation are being forgotten in this argument of cars. Ships, aircraft, trucks etc. emit far more than many millions of cars. My local airport are pushing for expansion. My local council says sustainability is top of their agenda but they are about to sign off on the expansion. Go figure!!

One categoric fact is fossil driven transport emit vast amounts of sh1t v electric version

Electron generation for batteries has various levels of footprint depending where they are being harvested. Renewable electron generation creates a footprint in implementation, but so does fossil burning generation, which is a dying industry in the UK. But renewables have limited footprint once they are implemented.

ALL new houses, warehouses, factories MUST be forced to be built with PV's on the roofs. Period. Incentivising businesses/farmers to put them in green fields is criminal in my view.

I am not an eco warrior, but if we do nothing, we mortgage our kids futures. Every small step improves the long term. One mile driven on electric per day is a small advantage multiplied by many who adopt. We cannot continue to consume without affect on the environment. The only true sustainability is going back to Stone Age technology and living, which is not going to happen, even the devout eco campaigners still enjoy modern comforts and earn money from capitalism.

2015 Nissan Leaf Tekna