The Porsche 924 Owners Club

Dedicated to the Porsche 924
Forty Years of the Porsche 924 Turbo
It is currently Tue Jul 23, 2019 9:31 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 142 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15  Next
 Post subject: Dyno day - Sunday after 92forty - Book places please
PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2016 8:20 pm 
Club Member

Model: Supercharged 924
Hello all.

With the national being such a busy day with so many great cars, friends and new acquaintances to make, we have been discussing a secondary event to have on the Sunday. Obviously some members can only attend 1 day, but some members will be traveling hundreds or even thousands of miles and it would be nice to extend the 924 experience into the Sunday.

Fitting in with the sporting ancestry of the Porsche brand, we are looking to arrange a day at a rolling road, where for a small fee (approx £40-50) members cars will have 3 power runs looking to not only measure their performance, but also benefit from the expert tuning advice on offer making recommendations on how to regain lost horse power, improve fuel economy or identify any potential fueling or ignition problems.

I hope we can arrange a gas analyser and timing light for some carpark tuning for those not going on the dyno etc.

In order to make further enquiries please register interest on the separate thread to gain an idea of numbers. In the event of too many wanting to run on the dyno, a first come first served allocation will be made based on the register thread! I expect places will be limited to 10 or so for the dyno, but everyone is welcome to spectate!

The location is to be confirmed but will hopefully be within 30mins of Silverstone.

Cheers, John.

Dyno run participants:
John (drjohn) - paid
Ciprian (Morghen)
Alex (althejazzman) - paid
Steve (Carerra RSR) - paid
Karl (the colonel)
Admir (Adix) - paid
Ally (Allysaxo) - paid
Chris (Rallyimp) - paid
Pete (Vonbrom) - paid (£40)
Andy (Chancenellie)
Saul (verticalaudio) paid
Matt (Matt924lux)
?? Duncan (Duncan)
?? Pete (Pete)

Spectators (for catering planning)

Ally (Allysaxo's +1 guest)
Justin (Drjohn's brother)
Bretongirl
Sam Wilson

924T engine with Eaton M90 Supercharger (DB7), 565cc injectors, coil pack ignition, Adaptronic ECU, Custom Air/water charge cooler, Wideband O2 + 4x EGT. 4pot Brembos, Spax adjustable dampers. 951 G'box with LSD & cooler, 944T style bumper. HID Lo-Pro headlights. 968 mirrors, handles + spoiler. Zender rear valance. Custom side skirts, Forged 17" wheels (8J front, 9J rear). Custom hubs (5x114.3 PCD), Twin circuit coolant re-route (2 pumps, 2 'stats, 2 radiators), 6 gauge centre console.

Post subject: Re: Dyno day - Sunday after 92forty - register interest plea
PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2016 8:29 pm 
Club Member

Model: '83 924 / '80 931
Obviously me. I started it, or did someone else mention it ages ago?

'01 Vauxhall Combo constantly evolving, modified van for working / camping / band duties

Computer Problems: At your WITS End? http://www.witscomputers.co.uk

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2016 8:36 pm 
Club Member

Model: TheOnly Way Is Turbo
Potentially yes. But ideally I'd like to have the car properly sessioned and tuned beforehand which may make this day academic.

Omega forged pistons, lightened and balanced bottom end, ARP studs + Cometic MLS HG, Piper fast road cam, K27/26 3257 hybrid turbo, 951 ducted FMIC, Custom intake manifold, Mittelmotor dizzy & cam pulley, Adj boost - dyno’d at 225bhp @ 1.0bar on previous CGT turbo, Engine datalogged and on boost fuel enrichment managed with Zeitronix ZT2 & Phormula KS4 knock sensor, 944 turbo all alloy radiator, Hayward & Scott custom tapered race exhaust, GAZ Gold coilovers, Fuch'ed up, Quaife LSD
2017 VW Passat Variant GTE Advance - the daily load lugger and mile muncher
2015 Nissan Leaf Tekna - it builds trees when we drive it

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2016 8:37 pm 

Model: 924
Yes :beer:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 12:51 pm 
Club Member

Great guys. I've been making some calls this morning. Unfortunately Northampton motorsport is unable to run the dyno on a Sunday due to their neighbouring houses complaining about the noise!

Marlin Motorsport are BRSCC approved and would make an excellent choice as a known quantity. Unfortunately, they usually have a day off on a Sunday but I've written a begging email to see if the boss (martin) will come in!

We'll likely need a minimum of 10 to secure any of the dyno's though, so please add your names to the list if you're keen to join us.
:beer:

924T engine with Eaton M90 Supercharger (DB7), 565cc injectors, coil pack ignition, Adaptronic ECU, Custom Air/water charge cooler, Wideband O2 + 4x EGT. 4pot Brembos, Spax adjustable dampers. 951 G'box with LSD & cooler, 944T style bumper. HID Lo-Pro headlights. 968 mirrors, handles + spoiler. Zender rear valance. Custom side skirts, Forged 17" wheels (8J front, 9J rear). Custom hubs (5x114.3 PCD), Twin circuit coolant re-route (2 pumps, 2 'stats, 2 radiators), 6 gauge centre console.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 9:51 pm 

Model: 924S
DrJohn wrote:
Great guys. I've been making some calls this morning. Unfortunately Northampton motorsport is unable to run the dyno on a Sunday due to their neighbouring houses complaining about the noise!

Marlin Motorsport are BRSCC approved and would make an excellent choice as a known quantity. Unfortunately, they usually have a day off on a Sunday but I've written a begging email to see if the boss (martin) will come in!

We'll likely need a minimum of 10 to secure any of the dyno's though, so please add your names to the list if you're keen to join us.
:beer:

Jon Lee @ Lynx AE is not too far away in Wellingborough...

http://www.rollingroadtuning.co.uk/

R

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 10:34 pm 
Club Member

Thanks Roger. I saw their website - looks great. They say they cater for events like ours but it says bookings are available mon-sat. I'll need to call them and see if they can do a sunday for us. I was assured Martin from Marlin motorsport (our preferred option) would call or email me back today but I'm yet to hear - maybe he's checking with his wife!! :whistle:

I'll keep you guys updated when I know more.

Roger, would you be keen in participating with us?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 10:49 pm 

Model: 924S
DrJohn wrote:
Thanks Roger. I saw their website - looks great. They say they cater for events like ours but it says bookings are available mon-sat. I'll need to call them and see if they can do a sunday for us. I was assured Martin from Marlin motorsport (our preferred option) would call or email me back today but I'm yet to hear - maybe he's checking with his wife!! :whistle:

I'll keep you guys updated when I know more.

Roger, would you be keen in participating with us?

I know Jon reasonable well, so tell him I 've recommended you like many people in the motor trade
Sunday does seem to be a sticking point! but if you get 10 people@ £35..... £350 for a day's work in worth
working a Sunday to me!

I'm not sure where the 924 2.7 will be at yet in May, there's a lot of work to do and it may not be ready.....

R

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 10:57 pm 
Club Member

Nothing like a deadline to focus the mind!! :whistle:

I'll call Jon tomorrow and see what he says.

Cheers, John

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 9:20 am 
Club Member

Model: none
My grilfriend would kill me if i'd make her spend another day with car related stuff...i'd love to see what it actually puts out and if it knocks or not.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 142 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15  Next