Forty Years of the Porsche 924 Turbo
It is currently Mon Feb 24, 2020 7:15 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: 944 into 924 seat woes - tilt mechanism and electric seat re
PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2020 11:29 am 
Club Member

Model: 924
Hi all,
Taking advantage of my one free question before I get full membership when my bank balance recovers after buying the car!

My car came with a 944 matching front and rear seat set to replace the non-stock and mismatched set it came with. However I'm having trouble with the manual passenger seat in that the seat back adjustment wont work and that I now need to wire in the electric drivers seat.

For the manual seat it will tilt forwards when I use the levers on the seats sides allowing access to the rear seats, however in normal operation the lever on the handle on the front moves but will not allow any movement of the seat. It feels as if one side is free to move but the other is stuck. Have any of you got a picture of the seat innards so I can see if a connection has become broken or disconnected please? I want to have a good idea of what I'm working with before taking upholstery off.

Secondly, for the electric seat I've been told that theres blade fuse style connections on the back of the gear box. However, if they're not available where can I get a 12v feed from as the aux fuse box uses continental style fuses which are a pain to work with imo.

Any suggestions are kindly welcomed.

Thank you,
James

Attachments:
20200204_155153.jpg
20200204_155153.jpg [ 3.06 MiB | Viewed 219 times ]
20200129_224554.jpg
20200129_224554.jpg [ 1.66 MiB | Viewed 219 times ]
 Post subject: Re: 944 into 924 seat woes - tilt mechanism and electric sea
PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2020 2:27 pm 
Committee - Treasurer

Model: 2 x S1 Turbo
Hi James, if you haven't done so already, clink on Links in the header at the top and follow the link to PET Files from Porsche UK to download the right one for your car. It's an invaluable resource with exploded diagrams, part numbers and all sorts of other information. The seats are about two thirds of the way down in the interiors section.

You can see from the top photo how the release mechanism works for sliding forward and back, you should be able to reach underneath and feel whether both sides are moving when you operate the lever and probably work the releases by hand if not. It'll be easier to then take the seats out than remove the covers with them in place and go through the top.

As for the 12V supply, I wrote this in the other thread:

Quote:
There is a group of male blade terminals on the back of the fusebox labelled H that are connected directly to the battery. The supply is not fused so it may make sense to add an extra fuse to the 9 way auxiliary fusebox and run the supply through that. Some red wires will already run from these blade terminals to fuses in the 9 way box so it may be easier to pick up one of those.

If you have electric windows there is a relay at the left hand side of the centre console with a thick red/blue wire that may be easier to take power from. This comes from a fuse in the 9 way box. Looks like you have manual windows though, but it's possible the relay socket may still be present.