Dedicated to the Porsche 924
Forty Years of the Porsche 924 Turbo
It is currently Wed Jun 26, 2019 11:32 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Lets get together
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 10:24 pm 
Committee - Secretary

Model: 924
We have a number of new owners in the region who are asking for a meet up so lets see what interest there is.

First we have Esther who is suggesting a meet in the Sheffield area, does anyone fancy meeting up for a Sunday lunch?
Any ideas of a venue with good food and a car park big enough for us to gather our cars together for pictures?

The region is big so I thought maybe another gathering somewhere around Durham or Newcastle would be good. Again suggestions for a meeting place would be helpful.

I will suggest some dates 12 and 19 March, 16 and 30 April. Do these work for anyone at either end?

Mark suggested trying to get some cars together at the Skipton Car Show on 4 June 2017. This sounds a great show with 180 cars in the town centre. Unfortunately they are looking to get a good spread of cars and Mark has secured the last place for a Porsche. That said we can still go along and enjoy the day with the chance to see his car amongst many other interesting displays.

Let me know what you think and hopefully there will be enough interest for a meet up, I can guarantee one at least to get Esther out and about!

Anyone fancy taking on the Regional Officer role for the North East, I am kept busy as the Club Secretary and the more people getting involved the better.

Post subject: Re: Lets get together
PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 2:36 pm 
Club Member

Model: Turbo and Martini
We were looking at having a meet at Autograph later on in the year but if needs be we can do one earlier, we have space for about 20 cars on a weekend and Geoff will open his showroom/ workshop and his record shop for all to take a look at.

We aren't quite up to the spec of your place at Gmund but we have the advantage of being in Wakefield centre to get some food and for those with a car that's not currently on the road we are right next to Kirkgate railway station.

Just a thought.

I don't quite know what is involved but I wouldn't mind taking on the role of the North East regional officer if you want.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 5:17 pm 

Model: 924S
Might be able to make it to Newcastle area, it's not too far for me.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 7:01 pm 
Club Member

Model: 924S
Hi
Interested in a meet in Sheffield and/or at Autograph in Wakefield. If we have a Sunday lunch in the Sheffield area and want to add something else I can recommend a trip to Wortley Top Forge which is just off the A629 (Sheffield to Huddersfield Road) between the villages of Wortley and Thurgoland. I do some voluntary work there restoring old stationary engines but there is huge range of working early industrial machinery including stationary steam engines, working water wheels, forge hammers etc. There is also a model railway club on the site with working steam and IC locos. The museum hosts visits from several car and photography clubs so we could have an allocated parking area.
More info on http://www.topforge.co.uk. The web site is pretty old fashioned but there are some good reviews on trip advisor.
Jeff

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 10:33 am 

:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: I can't do the 19th march(not cause it's my birthday...) but cause it's a 750mc nova race at donnington! Other dates don't clash! I'll be dragging pip (racerhammomd I think his forum name is) along although we co own one car for now! :woohoo: :woohoo: don't mind were it'll be the frist time "Goldie" been out so anyweres fine!!!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 12:43 pm 
Club Member

Model: See signature
I'd be interested in a meet up in Sheffield/Wakefield area given enough notice of the date :smile:

1977 924 Mars red (without sunroof)
1981 924 Weissach pewter metallic
1984 924 Lux white
1988 924S Le Mans black
1988 924S Le Mans white (Glen's car)
2000 Mercedes CLK Cabriolet
2000 Volvo C70 2.4T Coupe
2005 Jaguar X-type 2.5 Petrol AWD

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 1:08 pm 
Committee - Secretary

Looking good for a meeting in the South of the region, let me look at the suggestions made and confirm a date.

Any more interest in the North, happy to go further into Northumberland if it helps especially as the only interest so far is from over the border.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 9:44 pm 
Club Member

Model: carera gt
Richard - I live in Newcastle so somewhere either north or south would work and I'd be happy to bring the CGT as long as there was no salt on the roads by then.
Paul

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 6:34 pm 

Model: 924 2.0 n/a
paulne3 wrote:
Richard - I live in Newcastle so somewhere either north or south would work and I'd be happy to bring the CGT as long as there was no salt on the roads by then.
Paul

now if theres a cgt around you wont get any talk out of me as i will be too busy drooling over the beast , as soon as i'm settled that my boring little 2.0 litre is reliable and up to decent distances then i do enjoy trips up northumberland ... that coast road is great , but north or south yorkshire works equally well too and i'm looking forward to the skipton show in june as the first time i've displayed a car , mines no concours car but there are so few 924's left on the road that i thought i would stick mine in for it so now i got a busy few months getting her ready for the MOT and then the show

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 7:03 pm 

Model: 924 turbo S1
I proved the reliability of my turbo last weekend so im up for a meet.

Im not keen on taking it out in heavy rain so it would be forecast dependant.

Im in Newcastle btw.

Andy