Dedicated to the Porsche 924
Forty Years of the Porsche 924 Turbo
It is currently Tue Sep 17, 2019 3:43 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Big regional classic car shows in your area: HELP
PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 6:04 pm 
Committee - Events Co-ordinator

Model: 924 N/A
We've been discussing in the committee the possibility of registering a club presence at bigger classic car shows regionally. We feel more exposure for the 924 and the club will be a very healthy thing.

However, stuck out where I am, I need your help. Do you know car shows locally that are big enough and relatively easy for members to get to? Would you be interested in displaying your car at the show, as part of a club stand?

If so, could you post details below and I can start to organise something. It's probably a bit late for this season, but we can get things sorted for next time.

Ed

Winning battles with Guards Pink since 2011 (but not the war)
Peak District Run 2019 https://porsche924.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=33222

My project thread ARCHIE: https://porsche924.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=17923

Post subject: Re: Big regional classic car shows in your area: HELP
PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:53 am 

Model: 924 2.0 n/a
i'm a member on a facebook group retro car club called the northern retro which is a very active group pulling random driveouts and meets as is siwilkie from here , the last one we both went to there were 3 924's there including simons car , the groups head man runs a local car parts store and also has a well modified 924 and is very approachable and overall a really good bloke all the dealings i have had , their next event is on the 12th/13th august in huddersfield at huddersfield international airport but it is expecting 200+ cars camping for the full weekend/showday and the sunday is open to general public

i can have a word re a more pronounced club presence in the group and there is a lot of porsches not just 924 in the group so i doubt there will be a problem handing out info there

one idea possibly is maybe put together a club literature pack and a regional club banner which can be mailed out to club members who are displaying and mailed back post event , another location around here which needs constantly watching round here for events is obviously harewood house and hillclimb for all the classic car events they hold in the summer season as they have a long standing connection with classics and porsche

i will be showing at skipton car show next year after the success of this years event though i was lonely being the only 924 and at the end of the high street , but im sure having been to one next year i could be shuffled into a better viewpoint as a "veteran" but will again have to check regarding club hosting

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:56 pm 
Committee - Events Co-ordinator

Model: 924 N/A
Thanks Mark. If you are able to make enquiries about these, that would be great.

Ed

Winning battles with Guards Pink since 2011 (but not the war)
Peak District Run 2019 https://porsche924.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=33222

My project thread ARCHIE: https://porsche924.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=17923

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2017 6:19 pm 

Model: 924 2.0 n/a
Mylando wrote:
Thanks Mark. If you are able to make enquiries about these, that would be great.

obviously the northern retro show passed with only two of us in our 924's both me and si wilkie were there but both cars got a lot of love , i shall make enquiries with the admins for next year but being a very informal club with great spirit i see no problem , the main attraction with this group is they have quite a few 924's of various models in the members but they will roll with any make/model of car ... lada/skoda/volvo/porsche/mercs theyre all in there and all have history

skipton show takes bookings from september/october for following years bookings so i can ask with them if it is ok as a club stand if we can get a few cars together but something like that would need a fair bit of organisation with the main issue being the next show date they are holding and when that date gets released ... skipton as a show really makes strides each year with its growing popularity so for the real showroom and performance 924's it is where to get people interested and possibly for businesses like gmund to bring their skills to a wider audience