The Porsche 924 Owners Club

Dedicated to the Porsche 924
The Porsche 924 Owners Club
It is currently Mon Nov 30, 2020 8:06 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 83 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: So this turned up today
PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 7:01 pm 
Offline
Club Member

Joined: Tue Jul 29, 2014 1:28 pm
Posts: 1503
Location: emsworth hampshire
Model: 924 gt 924 n/a
A bit of fun today tacking pics at a quite goodwood motor circuit
Attachment:
20171029_113826.jpg
20171029_113826.jpg [ 5.49 MiB | Viewed 3945 times ]

Attachment:
20171029_113900.jpg
20171029_113900.jpg [ 5.27 MiB | Viewed 3945 times ]

Attachment:
20171029_114213.jpg
20171029_114213.jpg [ 3.32 MiB | Viewed 3945 times ]

Attachment:
20171029_114704.jpg
20171029_114704.jpg [ 6.58 MiB | Viewed 3945 times ]

Attachment:
20171029_114814.jpg
20171029_114814.jpg [ 3.68 MiB | Viewed 3945 times ]

_________________
https://porsche924.co.uk/forum/viewtopi ... 24&t=14424
https://porsche924.co.uk/forum/viewtopi ... 24&t=21262
https://porsche924.co.uk/forum/viewtopi ... 24&t=22223


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: So this turned up today
PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 7:10 pm 
Offline
Club Member
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 17, 2016 8:40 pm
Posts: 37
Location: Birmingham
Model: Porsche 924
Wow that's gorgeous :razz:
Linda.

_________________
1985 924 na crystal green; project
1988 924s Alpine White, Dulux White and every shade inbetween; 'Scruffy'- now belongs to the wife but if I'm good she might let me drive it sometimes!
2012 Audi A3 black; target for bad drivers
1992 Bedford lorry blue; horse taxi & mobile home


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: So this turned up today
PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:20 am 
Offline
Club Member
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 25, 2014 12:15 pm
Posts: 1939
Location: North West Essex
Model: 924 Turbo S1
:cool: :cool: :cool:


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: So this turned up today
PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 1:28 am 
Offline
Club Member

Joined: Mon Sep 16, 2013 12:13 am
Posts: 996
Location: Kingston upon thames
Model: 924S
Glad you finally picked it up,

should be plenty of fun :grin:

_________________
924S 1987 Guards Red,
968 engine, 968 Brakes, Gaz Gold, 16" Cup 1's, RHD Wipers, Flush screen,
Custom leather interior, RS Door Cards, Momo Prototipo, JMG Remap, Race Shift

Cayenne S 4.5 2006
924S 1987 Alpine White Sold
928 S2 1986 Sold
993 C4 1997 Sold
986 3.2 2001 Sold
986 2.7 2000 Sold


Save Money or Make Money
http://www.jg100.co.uk


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: So this turned up today
PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:41 am 
Offline
Club Member
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 30, 2010 11:13 pm
Posts: 17403
Location: Somerset
Model: TheOnly Way Is Turbo
What was the actual dyno figure post Emerald ecu tuning? What boost?

With EFI installed and small turbo compressor upgrade and boost increase should see bhp closer to 300. Which will be very lively!! :sweat:

_________________
Steve - Joined: Sat Jan 30, 2010 10:13 pm......think I have lost far too much time in this forum.........
1981 924 Carrera GT/S rep race car - Signal Yellow Too much to do, to little time and money!
1979 924 Turbo Series 1 - Alpine White & Guards Red 10yrs owned and counting
2021 Skoda Superb Sportline Plus iV Hybrid Estate awaiting delivery...
2017 VW Passat Variant GTE Advance soon to be retired....
2015 Nissan Leaf Tekna Continues to 'build trees'


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: So this turned up today
PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 2:35 pm 
Offline
Club Member

Joined: Tue Jul 29, 2014 1:28 pm
Posts: 1503
Location: emsworth hampshire
Model: 924 gt 924 n/a
Carrera RSR wrote:
What was the actual dyno figure post Emerald ecu tuning? What boost?

With EFI installed and small turbo compressor upgrade and boost increase should see bhp closer to 300. Which will be very lively!! :sweat:


Im booked in for power run on a dyno in havant this Thursday at 12 im eager to see what it has too

_________________
https://porsche924.co.uk/forum/viewtopi ... 24&t=14424
https://porsche924.co.uk/forum/viewtopi ... 24&t=21262
https://porsche924.co.uk/forum/viewtopi ... 24&t=22223


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: So this turned up today
PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 4:31 pm 
Offline
Club Member
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 30, 2010 11:13 pm
Posts: 17403
Location: Somerset
Model: TheOnly Way Is Turbo
johnboy wrote:
Carrera RSR wrote:
What was the actual dyno figure post Emerald ecu tuning? What boost?

With EFI installed and small turbo compressor upgrade and boost increase should see bhp closer to 300. Which will be very lively!! :sweat:


Im booked in for power run on a dyno in havant this Thursday at 12 im eager to see what it has too


:food: :nod:

If the turbo is a K26 2470 6.10 series 1 unit, the power will be limited to the 2470 compressor. Its a sh1t wheel and won't give much more even when raising boost. If its a 2660/2664 compressor it will run higher boost. Circa 1.0bar will be nice.

My car gained 50bhp raising boost from 0.7bar to 1.0bar on the same dyno on its second power run. Topped out at 225bhp. I ran 1.2-3bar on the way home so kicking myself I didn't do one more run at a higher pressure. Been running 1.2-3bar ever since.

_________________
Steve - Joined: Sat Jan 30, 2010 10:13 pm......think I have lost far too much time in this forum.........
1981 924 Carrera GT/S rep race car - Signal Yellow Too much to do, to little time and money!
1979 924 Turbo Series 1 - Alpine White & Guards Red 10yrs owned and counting
2021 Skoda Superb Sportline Plus iV Hybrid Estate awaiting delivery...
2017 VW Passat Variant GTE Advance soon to be retired....
2015 Nissan Leaf Tekna Continues to 'build trees'


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: So this turned up today
PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 6:44 pm 
Offline
Club Member

Joined: Tue Jul 29, 2014 1:28 pm
Posts: 1503
Location: emsworth hampshire
Model: 924 gt 924 n/a
Carrera RSR wrote:
johnboy wrote:
Carrera RSR wrote:
What was the actual dyno figure post Emerald ecu tuning? What boost?

With EFI installed and small turbo compressor upgrade and boost increase should see bhp closer to 300. Which will be very lively!! :sweat:


Im booked in for power run on a dyno in havant this Thursday at 12 im eager to see what it has too


:food: :nod:

If the turbo is a K26 2470 6.10 series 1 unit, the power will be limited to the 2470 compressor. Its a sh1t wheel and won't give much more even when raising boost. If its a 2660/2664 compressor it will run higher boost. Circa 1.0bar will be nice.

My car gained 50bhp raising boost from 0.7bar to 1.0bar on the same dyno on its second power run. Topped out at 225bhp. I ran 1.2-3bar on the way home so kicking myself I didn't do one more run at a higher pressure. Been running 1.2-3bar ever since.



It will be interesting then as this car is up at 1bar and pulls like a train

_________________
https://porsche924.co.uk/forum/viewtopi ... 24&t=14424
https://porsche924.co.uk/forum/viewtopi ... 24&t=21262
https://porsche924.co.uk/forum/viewtopi ... 24&t=22223


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: So this turned up today
PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 8:42 pm 
Offline
Club Member
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 30, 2010 11:13 pm
Posts: 17403
Location: Somerset
Model: TheOnly Way Is Turbo
I’d recommend turning boost down and as it’s tuned, start raising boost from 0.7 bar up to the point where the turbo gives no more power and becomes a heat pump. Looking forward to the results.

_________________
Steve - Joined: Sat Jan 30, 2010 10:13 pm......think I have lost far too much time in this forum.........
1981 924 Carrera GT/S rep race car - Signal Yellow Too much to do, to little time and money!
1979 924 Turbo Series 1 - Alpine White & Guards Red 10yrs owned and counting
2021 Skoda Superb Sportline Plus iV Hybrid Estate awaiting delivery...
2017 VW Passat Variant GTE Advance soon to be retired....
2015 Nissan Leaf Tekna Continues to 'build trees'


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: So this turned up today
PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 8:59 pm 
Offline
Club Member

Joined: Tue Jul 29, 2014 1:28 pm
Posts: 1503
Location: emsworth hampshire
Model: 924 gt 924 n/a
And the results are in
Attachment:
20171102_183356.jpg
20171102_183356.jpg [ 3.92 MiB | Viewed 3800 times ]

_________________
https://porsche924.co.uk/forum/viewtopi ... 24&t=14424
https://porsche924.co.uk/forum/viewtopi ... 24&t=21262
https://porsche924.co.uk/forum/viewtopi ... 24&t=22223


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 83 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 19 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
© 2009-2020 The Porsche 924 Owners Club - Powered by phpBB