The Porsche 924 Owners Club

Dedicated to the Porsche 924
Forty Years of the Porsche 924 Turbo
It is currently Sun May 19, 2019 7:48 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum rules

The seller assumes all responsibility for the content of any advert. The Porsche 924 Owners Club Ltd does not endorsed any advert placed on it's forum or website, and does not make any representations regarding their content or accuracy.

Post subject: 1979 Guards Red n/a Lux
PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2019 11:18 pm 
Club Member

Model: 924 2.0 NA
In the process of finding and buying the 1984 car I've posted about in the new members section, I acquired this 1979 car, which I now want to move on. I'd like it to go to a good home.

1979 924 n/a Lux in Guards Red

The car has been in storage since 2007. It runs and drives, is in original condition and is basically complete. To get it back but on the road my garage has estimated that it requires: welding on the sills and around the four jacking points (£800-1000 estimated); for some of the interior switchgear to be refitted and tested (£300-500 estimated); and for the brakes to be serviced. It also needs a really good clean.

The mileage is 111,000. I feel confident this is correct but have no way of verifying it.

The car was last MOT’d in November 2006. There is no history with the car. I was told a large file of receipts etc. existed, but it has been lost. The car looks to have been cared for before it was put in storage.

First registered on 4 April 1979. As a Historic Vehicle, it will be MOT and tax exempt from next year.

Spec
As a 1979 MY, it has several features not on later cars:
- two-spoke steering wheel
- flat metal indicator and lights stalks
- chrome window trims (all present)
- chrome/stainless tailgate surround and no spoiler
- 5-speed dogleg gearbox
- cogwheel fuel filler cap
- herringbone cloth and leatherette upholstery
- airvents with DEF on them (I'm not sure why this is...)

I'm pretty sure it's an early UK Lux version as it also has:
- leather steering wheel
- tinted windows
- electric windows
- electric door mirrors
- cloth doorcards
- headlight washer jets
- rear wiper

------

------

Mechanicals
The car runs and drives: the engine, transmission, gearbox, and steering all work as they should.
The engine was serviced (oil and filters) and had the cambelt and tensioner replaced earlier in 2019 (the cover is in the car).
The exhaust looks to be relatively new.
The brakes are sticking on one side and need to be serviced.

Electrics
The lights pop up and work, but the rest of the electrics have not been tested. Some of the interior switchgear (i.e. indicator stalks) needs to be refitted.
The nearside front foglight will need to be replaced.
A new battery is required.

Bodywork
Overall, the bodywork is in reasonably good condition. There are minor dings and dents, but nothing major.
The car has been resprayed at some point in the past. The paint is serviceable, but is dull and crackled.
The front nearside wing is a later replacement with holes for an indicator light.
The driver’s door has damage on the top corner, possibly from forced entry.
There is some surface rust at the points where the tailgate secures into the rear panel.
Welding is required on the sills / around the jacking points on both sides. There is a small hole in the passenger footwell.
The glass is good. The windscreen is beginning to delaminate around the edges – but it does not affect the driver’s field of vision.

Interior
The interior is complete, but is worn and requires a thorough clean.
The dashboard has minor cracks, but is a lot better than many examples.
The gauges and switchgear are all present and in good condition.
Good carpets.
The front seat bases are split along the seams between the leatherette and cloth.
Aftermarket speakers (which have disintegrated) have been fitted into the doorcards.
The gearknob has cracked.
The rubber door and tailgate seals could do with being replaced.

-----

The car is currently at a garage in Lancashire (BB18). It will need to be trailered away. Alternatively, arrangements could be made with the garage to carry out the necessary work to get the car on the road. They were going to do it for me but I decided against it.

I've listed the car in various places online with an optimistic price, but I'm looking for £1700 ono.

Please message me via the forum, email thomasandrewturner@gmail.com, or call 07870513210

-

1984 Porsche 924 N/A Guards Red
1987 VW Golf GTI Diamond Silver
1989 VW Golf GTI Cabriolet Sapphire Metallic

Post subject: Re: 1979 Guards Red n/a Lux
PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 10:22 pm 
Club Member

Model: 924 2.0 NA
The car is now on Ebay.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/202674596908 ... 1555.l2649

1984 Porsche 924 N/A Guards Red
1987 VW Golf GTI Diamond Silver