The Porsche 924 Owners Club
It is currently Sun Sep 27, 2020 8:52 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: The Classic Car Drive-in weekend
PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2020 11:12 am 
Committee - Events Co-ordinator

Model: 924 N/A
https://classiccardrivein.seetickets.co ... er/1613494

This looks like it could be a spectacular weekend with track demonstrations, classic cars to drool over and a choice of top notch films to watch at a Drive-in cinema.

Set within the grounds at Bicester Heritage, the home of Historic Motoring, the organisers of The London Classic Car Show have created a socially distanced, Covid-compliant outdoor event that celebrates Classic Cars in all their glory.

The Classic Car Drive In Weekend features an homage to some of the most iconic and classic car movies at the very first Drive In dedicated to cars! Films on offer include cult classics The Italian Job and Days of Thunder, Racing Legends on the big screen Senna and Rush; along with power fuelled blockbusters Baby Driver, Le Mans 66, Gone in 60 Seconds and Fast & Furious 7 amongst others.

The Classic Car Drive In Weekend is truly a celebration of everything Classic, with more than 500 cars on display, over 25 of the UK’s leading Car Clubs, top dealers, a live auction courtesy of Bonhams MPH, Classic Car Parades and track demonstrations along with a host of car-related traders and retailers.

So, whether you’re a collector, in the market for a new classic car, a movie buff or a classic car enthusiast, what better way to spend the weekend?

Attachments:
sunday-scramble-open.jpg
sunday-scramble-open.jpg [ 68.33 KiB | Viewed 267 times ]

Ed

My project thread ARCHIE: https://porsche924.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=17923
 Post subject: Re: The Classic Car Drive-in weekend
PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2020 11:51 am 
Club Member

Model: TheOnly Way Is Turbo
I saw this the other day. What is the 'show' info as the website isn't explaining any real detail unless I am missing it. £26 each per ticket...... :sweat:

Steve - Joined: Sat Jan 30, 2010 10:13 pm......think I have lost far too much time in this forum.........
1981 924 Carrera GT rep race car - Speed Yellow
No engine, no boost, no torque tube, no gearbox, no fuel tank, no interior, no hubs, no brakes, no Fuchs, no stopping me now, I've Got This !!!!!!
1979 924 Turbo Series 1 - Alpine White & Guards Red
Omega forged pistons, lightened and balanced bottom end, ARP studs + Cometic MLS HG, Piper fast road cam, K27/26 3257 hybrid turbo, 951 ducted FMIC, Custom intake, Mittelmotor dizzy, dyno’d at 239.5rwhp @ 1.05bar, GAZ, Fuchs, Quaife LSD
2017 VW Passat Variant GTE Advance soon to be retired....
2015 Nissan Leaf Tekna

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2020 12:15 pm 
Club Member

Does seem a bit steep, you have a choice of days Fri-Sun.

1984 924 N/A RUBY RED METALLIC - 924 of the Show, National 2018
1988 924S Guards Red - sold
1986 924S Guards Red - sold
1984 924 N/A Black - sold
1980 924 LE MANS#1 - sold
1980 924 LE MANS#2 - sold
1977 924 Martini - sold

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2020 12:21 pm 
Committee - Events Co-ordinator

Model: 924 N/A
The show will be track demonstrations of various Classic racing and road cars. There is a planned flying display. Traders village and the various display cars. I appreciate it’s not cheap but what does a cinema ticket cost these days? £10 each?

I’m hoping to hear back with a club code. I’ll update it all soon.

Ed

My project thread ARCHIE: https://porsche924.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=17923

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2020 1:28 pm 
Club Member

Model: TheOnly Way Is Turbo
Mylando wrote:
The show will be track demonstrations of various Classic racing and road cars. There is a planned flying display. Traders village and the various display cars. I appreciate it’s not cheap but what does a cinema ticket cost these days? £10 each?

I’m hoping to hear back with a club code. I’ll update it all soon.

Thanks for the update of the 'show'. I can watch Ford v Ferrari for £3.99 for 4 people in my house :whistle: . Others on the list free of charge.........I get there is all the organiser costs which will be double now and reduced numbers of tickets for visitors under COVID rules. Far cheaper than a Silverstone Classic or similar. Far more than a usual Bicester Scramble day. With both of those you know what you are getting for the money. A car with family of 4 would be circa £80. Might be an awesome day we read about after the event wishing you turned up but was turned off by limited info and high'ish' price.

Steve - Joined: Sat Jan 30, 2010 10:13 pm......think I have lost far too much time in this forum.........
1981 924 Carrera GT rep race car - Speed Yellow
No engine, no boost, no torque tube, no gearbox, no fuel tank, no interior, no hubs, no brakes, no Fuchs, no stopping me now, I've Got This !!!!!!
1979 924 Turbo Series 1 - Alpine White & Guards Red
Omega forged pistons, lightened and balanced bottom end, ARP studs + Cometic MLS HG, Piper fast road cam, K27/26 3257 hybrid turbo, 951 ducted FMIC, Custom intake, Mittelmotor dizzy, dyno’d at 239.5rwhp @ 1.05bar, GAZ, Fuchs, Quaife LSD
2017 VW Passat Variant GTE Advance soon to be retired....
2015 Nissan Leaf Tekna