The Porsche 924 Owners Club

Dedicated to the Porsche 924
The Porsche 924 Owners Club
It is currently Mon Apr 06, 2020 9:56 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: National Rally Saturday 20th June- Porsche at Prescott.
PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2020 8:44 pm 
Committee - Events Co-ordinator

Model: 924 N/A
Having considered several options for this year’s National Rally, we are pleased to announce that we have exclusive club allocation at Porsche at Prescott. This exciting event is worthy of a trip at any time, but even more so to show the 924s place in Porsche history. With a full field of racing machines, including our own club members, its likely to be a fantastic event.

Prescott run this event as a celebration of all things Porsche. With a full field of racing machines on the track as well as several mouth-watering display cars such as the iconic 956 driven by Derek Bell and Stefan Bellof breaking the Nurburgring lap record shortly before the car was crashed at Pflantzgarten II. Now fully restored you can see this fabulous car up close and personal. Also on show will be the prolific Le Mans entrant 956 shorttail that is the most entered car of all time achieving a second place overall.Other fantastic examples of Stuttgart power will be on show at what is sure to be a glorious event.

As well as Championship and Invitations Classes for Porsches we welcome back rounds of the BARC Connaught Championship, Pirelli HSA Speed, Midland Speed Championships along with a round of our own New Barn RS Interclub Roadgoing Championship.
This thread will be updated as more details become available.

When?
Saturday 20th June 8.30 –5.30

Where?
Prescott Speed Hill Climb, Gloucestershire.

How much?
Tickets are available here

https://www.prescott-hillclimb.com/events/tickets/porsche-at-prescott-2020

and book with the code PD20 for the Saturday only. Tickets are £15 but under 14s go free.

Parking
We have allocated parking in the Orchard by the Trust (the same area as 2018). We need to keep a record of who is attending though so please e-mail Ed or add to the thread.

Ed

My project thread ARCHIE: https://porsche924.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=17923

Post subject: Re: National Rally Saturday 20th June- Porsche at Prescott.
PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2020 9:20 pm 
Club Member

Model: TheOnly Way Is Turbo
:beer:

Steve - Joined: Sat Jan 30, 2010 10:13 pm......think I have lost far too much time in this forum.........
1980 924 Turbo Series 1 - Alpine White & Guards Red
Omega forged pistons, lightened and balanced bottom end, ARP studs + Cometic MLS HG, Piper fast road cam, K27/26 3257 hybrid turbo, 951 ducted FMIC, Custom intake manifold, Mittelmotor dizzy & cam pulley, Adj boost - dyno’d at 225bhp @ 1.0bar on previous CGT turbo, Zeitronix ZT2 & Phormula KS4 knock sensor, 944 turbo all alloy radiator, Hayward & Scott custom tapered race exhaust, GAZ Gold coilovers, Fuch'ed up, Quaife LSD
2017 VW Passat Variant GTE Advance
2015 Nissan Leaf Tekna

PostPosted: Sat Feb 29, 2020 12:18 pm 
Club Member

Model: '83 924 / '80 931
I'll be there.

'01 Vauxhall Combo constantly evolving, modified van for working / camping / band duties

Computer Problems: At your WITS End? http://www.witscomputers.co.uk

PostPosted: Sat Feb 29, 2020 2:47 pm 
Club Member

It’s 924 Carrera GT 40 this yr. Hope a few will be there to celebrate this 924 launch anniversary ?? Might want to update the header?

Steve - Joined: Sat Jan 30, 2010 10:13 pm......think I have lost far too much time in this forum.........
Omega forged pistons, lightened and balanced bottom end, ARP studs + Cometic MLS HG, Piper fast road cam, K27/26 3257 hybrid turbo, 951 ducted FMIC, Custom intake manifold, Mittelmotor dizzy & cam pulley, Adj boost - dyno’d at 225bhp @ 1.0bar on previous CGT turbo, Zeitronix ZT2 & Phormula KS4 knock sensor, 944 turbo all alloy radiator, Hayward & Scott custom tapered race exhaust, GAZ Gold coilovers, Fuch'ed up, Quaife LSD
2015 Nissan Leaf Tekna

PostPosted: Sat Feb 29, 2020 3:00 pm 
Club Member

More importantly, it's 40 years since a 924 was here-

Attachments:
le mans 1980.jpg
le mans 1980.jpg [ 329.46 KiB | Viewed 1004 times ]

1984 924 N/A RUBY RED METALLIC - 924 of the Show, National 2018
1988 924S Guards Red - sold
1986 924S Guards Red - sold
1984 924 N/A Black - sold
1980 924 LE MANS#1 - sold
1980 924 LE MANS#2 - sold
1977 924 Martini - sold
PostPosted: Sat Feb 29, 2020 3:55 pm 
Club Member

Maybe PCGB / Prescott should be bringing the 924 GTP to the event? Pretty sure Prescott organisers wouldn’t know of any 924 related anniversaries. So if the club helped them, I’m sure the club may get back some favours?

Someone Also needs to call on Ricky for his GTS and GT as he probably wouldn’t bring them for PCGB? But he would for 924OC. And Mark911RSR should bring his trio of CGT, GTS and GTP ?? :nod:

The event was very busy last year and the Orchard area was full.

Let’s rally the troops :beer:

PS the Porsche theme runs over into Sunday as well. So I appreciate 924OC may only want to organise just for Saturday, but it might be worth gauging any interest in both days, ideally one should be the focus to ensure max turnout, but a few may choose to do both? I’m probably doing both days on the hill.

2015 Nissan Leaf Tekna

PostPosted: Sat Feb 29, 2020 3:56 pm 
Club Member

Model: 924S
Really sorry, but will be back in France attending Les Anciennes Reprennent La Route, the big event organised by the club in Brittany that I started and was the first President of - The Interesting Car Club. This will probably be the last time it will take place as my friend and current President is stepping down later this year and she will kill me if I don’t go! Any other weekend, and I would have been there! :cry:

Stop press: Due to corona virus, it looks as if my French event may have to be called off, as the French government has ordered that all public gatherings with more than 5000 people attending must be cancelled! If it is cancelled, I will come to the National Day. May book a ticket anyway and then can pass it to another club member if necessary.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 29, 2020 3:59 pm 

GTP is back in Germany. It's also engineless at the moment, sadly. For the foreseeable future, we'll not see her back.

40th of Le Mans and GT is what we're aiming for with some of the key events (this, Silverstone, Donington etc). I'm already putting feelers out for anything we can get to display.

It's early days yet, but we'll start pushing this in the Newsletters.

Ed

My project thread ARCHIE: https://porsche924.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=17923

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2020 10:32 am 
Club Member

Mylando wrote:
How much?
Tickets are available here

https://www.prescott-hillclimb.com/events/tickets/porsche-at-prescott-2020

and book with the code PD20 for the Saturday only. Tickets are £15 but under 14s go free.

Parking
We have allocated parking in the Orchard by the Trust (the same area as 2018). We need to keep a record of who is attending though so please e-mail Ed or add to the thread.

FYI - Tickets are £15 in advance, £20 on the gate but no guarantee of Orchard parking for regular guests.

I have just tested booking with 2x advance tickets @ £15ea in the basket, used PD20 code which I'm not sure is for the Orchard Parking Pass and/or 2 for 1? The basket result is £20 for two Saturday tickets and parking pass. Get your bookings in early as I believe Orchard Parking is limited with PCGB suggesting to get in early before the limited space is fully used up. Not sure what parking space expectations you have Ed?

2015 Nissan Leaf Tekna

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2020 10:02 pm 

I’ll double check. The venue said we’d have parking where we were before.

Ed