Dedicated to the Porsche 924
The Porsche 924 Owners Club
It is currently Tue Sep 29, 2020 9:33 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Weston Park Meeting- 04.10.20
PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2020 5:17 pm 
Committee - Events Co-ordinator

Model: 924 N/A
Chris Hulme (Blackadder) has kindly invited us to join the TIPEC members for a meeting in the beautiful surroundings of Weston Park, Telford.

With Bicester now sold out, this might be a good chance to meet before the main season ends.

Please can you contact Chris about arrangements and to get your place booked. There are only 40 spaces altogether, so you'll need to be quick.

Attachments:
Weston park.jpg
Weston park.jpg [ 354.87 KiB | Viewed 332 times ]

Ed

My project thread ARCHIE: https://porsche924.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=17923
 Post subject: Re: Weston Park Meeting- 04.10.20
PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 6:02 pm 
Club Member

Model: Porsche 968 Tip
Good afternoon folks,

As it stands Weston Park is still opening its doors to Porsche Enthusiasts on Sunday the 4th of October to park up for a breakfast meet in their expansive grounds. As it stands they currently expect around 56 visitors in 40 vehicles and their car parks and facilities can accommodate more if needed although there is a maximum of 40 places available in their restaurant for Bacon Buttie and a Coffee.

This is a changeable feast currently pending restrictions of travel and group numbers but our understanding so far is that Weston Park is a Covid Safe environment and they can allow guests to visit in individual households [vehicles] and distance safely and responsibly.

We do hope that such visits can still continue with safety and consideration in mind.

Any questions please PM me or drop me a call, text or email.

The full detail in the club facebook page reads:
All regions are invited to the Midlandish Meeting at Weston Park Weston-under-Lizard, Shifnal TF11 8LE on the old A5 between the M6 and Telford
18 September 2020 Update
We will leave it until later on in the month as the event is organised by Weston Park - a Covid Secure venue. They will confirm any further rules and regulations.
Weston Park Breakfast Meeting 4th October 2020 at 9.30am
We have places for 40 people for Breakfast Baps and Coffee in the Granary You MUST book for this.
However providing we keep to the social distancing Weston Park have reserved the Railway Field for a reasonable number of cars.
I believe that Chris is planning a run out after the event so please let him know - again Social Distancing and other rules will apply
Please let Chris know if you intend to join him
Numbers for breakfast are strictly limited and must be booked Let me know if you are coming - number of people
Bacon Butties and Coffee in the restaurant £8.00
Maybe join Cheshire and Staffs for a "Spirited" drive out afterwards if rules and guidelines allow.

1982 Rothmans 924 2.0 NA - for a stand out blast anytime, anywhere
2004 Mazda MX5 - Silver for the wife and country road blasts
1980 Austin Healey Frogeye - Midget 1500 based in Old English White

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 11:25 am 
Club Member

Model: Supercharged 924
Hi. I'm keen to attend but the car is part way through a new exhaust install (I'm bored of pushing the car through the village to save waking the neighbours for the early Sunday morning car show departures!!) If I can get that finished and don't get pulled into work, I'll come along!

924T engine with Eaton M90 Supercharger (DB7), 565cc injectors, coil pack ignition, Adaptronic ECU, Custom Air/water charge cooler, Wideband O2 + 4x EGT. 4pot Brembos, Spax adjustable dampers. 951 G'box with LSD & cooler, 944T style bumper. HID Lo-Pro headlights. 968 mirrors, handles + spoiler. Zender rear valance. Custom side skirts, Forged 17" wheels (8J front, 9J rear). Custom hubs (5x114.3 PCD), Twin circuit coolant re-route (2 pumps, 2 'stats, 2 radiators), 6 gauge centre console.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 7:41 pm 
Club Member

Model: Porsche 968 Tip
DrJohn wrote:
Hi. I'm keen to attend but the car is part way through a new exhaust install (I'm bored of pushing the car through the village to save waking the neighbours for the early Sunday morning car show departures!!) If I can get that finished and don't get pulled into work, I'll come along!

Good to hear from you Dr John! Will be good to see (and hear) the car again :cool:

Should be a great catch up - we're getting there for 9:30am until around lunchtime. All being well and general rules allowing, after that we're looking to head off on a spirited drive out either into Wales or the Peaks. We'll have places for comfort breaks along the way but wont be able to arrange cafe or food stops so most of us usually take picnics and flasks which is great when the weather is good as well!

1982 Rothmans 924 2.0 NA - for a stand out blast anytime, anywhere
2004 Mazda MX5 - Silver for the wife and country road blasts
1980 Austin Healey Frogeye - Midget 1500 based in Old English White